Start Here Start Here Start Here

Sunday, May 12, 2013

i miss...


i miss...

my parents and my brother. they moved down to san diego, which is where i am from, and it makes it very hard for me to see them as often as i would like. i currently don't have any family here and i really miss being able to get in the car and drive a short distance to visit. i talk to my mom weekly on the phone, but i am the type of person that craves physical communication and you can't get that from talking over a silly phone miles and miles away. 

i miss...

living in the five cities. i grew up down there [and by 'down there' i mean about 32 minutes from where i am living now, which isn't a big difference] and it just feels like home to me. i don't feel as though atascadero is my 'home'. everything in the five cities is so familiar to me; the stores, the streets, the houses, the stop lights, the parks - everything! i hope some day soon i can have the opportunity to live there again. 

i miss...

the family i used to nanny for before i found out i was pregnant with oliver. i miss all of them; the mom and dad, the kid and the baby. they were so generous, so accommodating, so amazing! plus, working for them brought me closer to the people i care for most in the five cities and it allowed me to be able to form a huge bond with one of my best friends as well as my parents when they were still living here. working for that family had a lot of awesome perks, too, i wont lie. the pay was amazing, i was able to get adjusted any time i wanted because the mom is a chiropractor, i got to hang out with a baby all day long, go on ski trips with them, hang out in their huge house, explore their huge property. they also paid for my gas if i went anywhere during the time i was with the kids. i might need to get in contact with them again because i sure do miss the heck outta them!

i miss...

bry being little. not so much a baby, but more so when she was 3 and 4. she has always been such an outstanding child and am truly blessed with her, but when she was that age we had the most fun ever. the way she would pronounce things when she spoke or read and how she would always point her finger up in the air when she had some 'portant to say'. i really love that age with any kid, but with her [of course i am being biased here] it was extra special and adorable. and her hair... oh her hair was so cute!!!

i miss... 

having a vehicle. it made sense for me to get rid of my car when i did because it was costing too much to keep and we do just fine with one vehicle, but there are times when i wish i could just be like 'this is mine'. i don't really have ownership of anything substantial and i miss that. 

i miss...

having time to shower, shave my legs, wash my hair, put on my make up, get dressed, do my hair, pluck my eyebrows, and breathe in the morning. my 'getting ready' routine usually doesn't happen until about 2 in the afternoon and even then i might have a chatty baby at my toes who climbed in to my shower fully clothed looking up at me with a gummy grin and blinking his eyes uncontrollably because the water is splashing in them. don't get me wrong, it's cute; but i just miss being able to get ready with out having to trip over little feet each time. mama needs a few moments to her self sometimes!

what do you miss? is it family? a friend? a place? 








Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment